Who is Gogo?

Talk about all aspects of the gameplay of Final Fantasy 3us/6j.

Moderators: General Moderator, Game Moderator

Who is Gogo?

Postby Master ZED » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:17 am

Gogo is Gogo. Enough said.

Or rather, that should be, but it isn't for most people. Some people believe wholeheartedly in the rumors of a second identity, insomuch that even religious terrorists will break down and worship a pagan god long before these "Gogo is..." people concede. Any long-time FF3/6j forum goer knows exactly the kind of people I'm talking about, most forums encounter at least one of these believers.

The worst of the bunch? The "Gogo is Daryl" believers, although the Adlai Stevenson group will probably overtake them soon, if they haven't already. The latter was intended only to be a joke, now Adlai's like the CATS of the FF6 fandom, a dead horse long past its prime. "All your base are belong to us" indeed....

Anyway, against better judgment and following the flip of a quarter, I'm leaving this thread open to Gogo identity discussion. Remember the following:

1. Do not post your own "Who is Gogo?" topic unless you really don't know who Gogo is in the first place (as in is it an NPC, a playable character, a monster, whatever), as this is not the correct thread for that anyway.

2. Try to be *slightly* serious about it. I'm no R51, but if all I see is crap like "Gogo iz that Charlie Brown moron from Kill Bill LOLZ" I'll be tempted to lock the thread. At least if you say something like "Gogo is Banon's undead corpse risen from the grave! ZOMbIES RULE!" it's slightly on-topic and on-par with the intelligence I expect from one of these conversations.

3. Don't get too stubborn in your Gogo theories (IOW, don't start heated arguments and generally being a prick 'cause someone doesn't think like you do). If I see you're becoming one of those militant Gogo rumor worshippers (or militant Gogo rumor haters), I will deface your post(s) and if things get too out of control, make you the scapegoat when I lock the thread.

So yeah. Try to prove me wrong about these threads and have a decent discussion, will ya?
The Unoriginal White Sheet - http://masterzed.cavesofnarshe.com/
-Master ZED
Master ZED

Postby Meeplelard » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:18 pm

And yet, why do I feel people may still come to post questions like that?

Ah well, if this stops one person from making a Gogo topic, all is well, right?
Meeplelard
Active User
Active User

Postby WebGraphics » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:23 am

Try to prove me wrong about these threads and have a decent discussion, will ya?

...although the Adlai Stevenson group will probably overtake them soon, if they haven't already.

The Adlai thing is fading on its own. The people who were around for the heyday are getting older and moving on. The people who are replacing them are much younger, and seem to favour Daryl. I'm not saying that Gogo is Daryl (frankly I don't care) but certain people will piece that together--whereas the Adlai thing is some wing nut theory.

It just means we're getting older, not younger.
''The modern dictators are reviving a very ancient and encrusted way of life.''
[WHAT I THINK, Adlai Stevenson]
WebGraphics

Re: Who is Gogo?

Postby Sutebenukun » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm

I don't need to guess who Gogo is. I know who he is. He is merely a playable cameo of the Gogo in Final Fantasy V which gave you the secret Mime class. That is pretty much all... no real mystery there folks.
Sutebenukun
Active User
Active User

Postby Warrax » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Sutebenukun wrote:I don't need to guess who Gogo is. I know who he is. He is merely a playable cameo of the Gogo in Final Fantasy V which gave you the secret Mime class. That is pretty much all... no real mystery there folks.

Pretty much :)
Warrax
Active User
Active User

Postby Odbarc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Sutebenukun wrote:I don't need to guess who Gogo is. I know who he is. He is merely a playable cameo of the Gogo in Final Fantasy V which gave you the secret Mime class. That is pretty much all... no real mystery there folks.

I have to agree with this.
There is nothing indicating (that I've seen) that suggests Gogo has any other personality other than his always-concealed face. He never removes it. He isn't a superhero like Batman whom we're trying to figure out his Bruce Wayne.
It's almost like trying to piece together how Mog in every game is the same character.
Or trying to find a heritage with every Cid and canon between each Final Fantasy game.

If anything, Gogo is more likely to be an Esper than anything else. He can perform Blitz' which took Sabin (years?) of training to devise and master when he can also throw out SwordTech with no less mastery than Cyan who dedicated his entire life towards.
Plus he's found inside a monster standing there at the very end waiting. He clearly couldn't be human by any means. IF he were, he'd have to be a hundred years old.
Odbarc

Return to FF3 Gameplay Discussion