*tempted to pull a Fujin*

Talk about all aspects of the gameplay of Final Fantasy 3us/6j.

Moderators: General Moderator, Game Moderator

Postby Djibriel » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:14 am

Ifrit/Shiva:

Brawler for Stone but needs a Wall Ring for Ifrit's attacks. Pray that Blaze won't show it's blue face.

Bomb for Blaze. It'll heal Ifrit (he'll heal Gua too, for that matter) but the battle ends if either one of the Espers is dead so you can just smack Ifrit five times over the head with whatever until Shiva comes over to play again. Blaze will eat her for breakfast. Bomb needs a Wall Ring for Ice and Ice2 which will hurt plenty. Blizzard'll be nasty but not half as nasty as Blaze is.

Templar is an alternate Bomb without Fire-absorption and a lesser offense yet with more securite against Blizzard.
"The population in Iraq is over 80% Shi'ite. Couldn't the same be said about your music, Mr. Durst? "
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:15 am

ah.. i forgot about those other ones.

as you can tell by the sprawling and clueless nature of that post, i need sleep. :) i'll try to come up with global relic suggestions when i wake up.. Ribbons will fit in, no doubt.
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:30 pm

Final Kefka

Land Slide eats Ice3 or any other such spell for breakfast, so while Woolly needs less equipment to fill defensive holes (which is only Fire3 and Train), Prussian/Luridan with a Snow Muffler and Thundr Shld will be better on the offense. I don't think there's a better bet outside of Mover (Merton), but you need to be prepared for it. A strong Special (no Special-using Ragers with elemental properties exceeding Ice and Poison) from Stray Cat is your only bet at topping this kind of damage with a Sniper or something.

As you can't exploit any elemental weakness or status ailment, and Kefka's attacks are generally non-elemental of nature, this is a tough battle to plan for. I feel unproffesional only paying attention to offense, but what else is there to do?

Shows what you learn from cheating with Doom Drgn and/or NightShade in this battle all the time :( Any thoughts from the board?
"The population in Iraq is over 80% Shi'ite. Couldn't the same be said about your music, Mr. Durst? "
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:37 pm

i actually contrived a Rage and Run strategy that lets a lone Rager beat final Kefka at disgustingly low levels. but beware: it's complicated. :twisted:

want to see?
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:44 pm

Already have :)

EDIT: But thanks for reminding me, the Magic Pot/R&R combo will reach the Guide.
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Djibriel » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:48 am

The Wrexsoul battle is a bad place to be Gau. So far I have Osteosaur, but I consider X-Zone simply cheating here (the formation is protected against Joker Doom, darn it).

My other option is Black Drgn, as Storm will feed off the weaknesses of the monsters and while Gau's untouchable with a Wall Ring you can easily kill him whenever you want with a Revivify.

Any suggestions?
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Djibriel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:25 am

Guess not :D

At any rate, for those of you who currently live in ignorance, the Rage Guide has been completed, proofread and uploaded. I suggest you Leap for it like a raging bull, as the average number of hits my site can take is 3.25!
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:18 am

Bravisimo! A true masterpiece! :)

I'm going to post any feedback in this thread, because GameFAQs will eventually drop it at the expense of shitty topics, and I don't feel like peppering you with a separate email every time I find something little.

Telstar enemy -

It's susceptible to far less statuses than you list. However, one accurate ailment is Stop, so it's worth adding Areneid/Primordite to the potential strategies.
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:20 pm

I suspect you looked at the status ailment weaknesses I listed for Soldier, as I only listed Slow and Stop for Telstar. Regardless, I should add Areneid (Primordite doesn't like Tek Laser as much as Areneid does).
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Djibriel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Weapon: Drainer

Gigantos feel to freeking L. 5 Doom, Allo Ver could be instantly killed using
Break, KatanaSoul can be easily led to kill itself....oh, great. Another
monster-in-a-box. I'll use Mblock and W Wind to lower his amount of HP so I
can be victorious.

I shouldn't forget to correct this one.
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:18 am

haha; that i did.. my bad.
Assassin

Postby Assassin » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:21 pm

Enemy: Whelk Head
Special: Rapier (Battle x 1.5)

Enemy: Presenter
Special: Rapier (Battle x 1.5)

copy and paste gone awry! ;) the shell's special is the ever-inspired "Hit", while the head's is PetriBlast, which makes more sense of this comment:

"Osteosaur doesn't have any special protection against this dual-monster his attacks safe for Petrify protection (which, admittadly, is a good one)."

however, that's still a grammatical mess.. i'd change it to something like:

"... this dual-monster's attacks save for Petrify protection (which, admittedly, is a good one)."

finally, the attacks list above both monsters needs clarifying as to which Special you'll see; the shell never uses its garbage one.

there may be other multi-boss battles where multiple different Specials are employed. i'd list those out, as the reader might not conclude that "Special" is shorthand for "every Special below."
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:23 am

Yeah, you're right. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm inconsistent in the format in which I list non-damaging Specials, so that too needs to be done.
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:45 am

i'd add this puppy (due to the last part) to your bug section:

"Death, Petrify, and Zombie lose permanent status beginning battle, but not immunity -"

it doesn't impact the game much, but any tidbit about Gau is automatically priceless. :)
Assassin

Postby Assassin » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:56 pm

i think you should add Allo Ver to your Bugs section.

please don't confuse this with an actual criticism, as you cover it quite well elsewhere in the guide, and its mention belongs in all those places.

this is solely a matter of consistency. (and staggering amounts of free time on my hands :/ )

------------------------

i noticed my fellow Illinoisan is mentioned as "i90East" in the GameFAQs copy and the Tenchinohoukai copy, but as "i90east" ("east" no longer capitalized) on the CyberVeldt copy and elsewhere on his website.. interesting. :P

-----------------------

"Note that due to the damage formule of Stone, Gau will make a better Stoner then Strago'll ever be. For game purposes that is because Gau's Vigor is superior,"

huh? as you said a couple sentences above, Stone is magical.. unless i'm missing something, Vigor shouldn't matter. their base MagPwrs are the same; i dunno who will win with standard equipment.

let's try and come up with another reasoning, since it's vital to keep your stoner joke intact. ;)

-----------------------

from Veteran - Roulette in Section 8.1:

"As long as you make sure none of the targets are undead,"

ah, that's another place where Rage/Lore/etc Roulette differs from Enemy Script Roulette. the truly confusing part is that it doesn't match Doom, even though it sports the same trademark reaper. yup, this Roulette won't regenerate the undead, which makes it that much more impressive for random encounters.

--------------------

Girl and Sleep battle - missing Train from the Attacks list, though you do cover it in the subsequent description.
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:09 pm

(...) interesting. :P

Your interests boggle the mind. But still, I suppose I should change it ;)

huh? as you said a couple sentences above, Stone is magical.. unless i'm missing something, Vigor shouldn't matter. their base MagPwrs are the same; i dunno who will win with standard equipment.

Well, punch me in the face and call me a Hobbit! Somehow, I was convinced that Stone had his very own routine which included both Vigor *and* Mag. Power for damage calculation purposes. How very strange. Maybe I could make Gau a much more 'regular' Stoner then Strago? He's more likely to use it then Strago is, after all.

That Roulette thing just there is wrong. Not you, mind you, but any reaper that doesn't restore the Undead is wrongly NOT biased like a nazistic artist and should be replaced with a sufficient one that heals the undead. The second Roulette was nothing more then a random-free Roulette spell anyway, and should therefor do exactly the same in battle.
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Fri May 20, 2005 2:33 am

"Obviously you killed all the monsters to even have Gau return, but monster that never showed (Telstar died too quickly to summon the Soldiers), Gau will learn those Rages."

what did you mean by that sentence? will he learn the Rages of still-dormant monsters? i think he will, but i'm not sure.
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Fri May 20, 2005 6:11 am

That's it exactly. I know, because I cheated some Rages on Gau by having non-present monsters in the monster formation I was about to encounter; obviously Guard x2 will never summon hidden Anguiform/HadesGigas/Aspik/Mind Candy, but I did get their Rages.
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Assassin » Fri May 20, 2005 7:36 am

thanks.

you might wanna reword that to something like: "Obviously, you killed all the formation's active monsters to even have Gau return, but Gau will also learn the Rages of dormant monsters that never showed (e.g. when Telstar died too quickly to summon the Soldiers)."

as the current grammar suffers. :)
Assassin

Postby Djibriel » Fri May 20, 2005 12:02 pm

Hey, I didn't even know the word 'dormant' existed :)

I'll change it. For those curious, the document WILL be updated. It's just that I'm working on other things, and when I finally got all the changes down, that @#% floppy broke on me :(
Djibriel
Regular User
Regular User

PreviousNext

Return to FF3 Gameplay Discussion