Slowly getting back up

Announcements regarding the mnrogar.slickproductions.org website and forums

Slowly getting back up

Postby Mnrogar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:24 am

After encountering every possible problem you could think of and then some, the forums are back up. Note that they're in their very basic form for now but will be back to their old self shortly, avies, ranks and all. Figured you'd rather have them sooner than later.
Mnrogar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dragonsbrethren » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:40 pm

Glad to see it's back up :wink:
"You know, now that I think about it, getting stabbed hurts really, really bad...!"
Dragonsbrethren
Regular User
Regular User

Postby Lenophis » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:14 pm

For a while there, I had this strange feeling the entire MySQL database corrupted itself a few times over... :? Thanks for making sure it's working though. :o
Lenophis
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mnrogar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:28 pm

Naw, the messages you might have seen when trying to go to the board were just because not all the database was uploaded. I should be able to upload the avies and ranks tonight.

As usual you can report bugs in the forums discussion board and security issues by pm/mail.
Mnrogar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Assassin » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:31 pm

any clue what's causing the extra carriage returns on all the posts from before the transition?
Assassin

Postby SpamDroid Alpha » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:03 am

There's also a 403 error if you try to access http://www.mnrogar.com/phpBB2/ . I thought the forums were down a few days longer than they actually were since that's what my bookmark's URL was.
Roboticus is Champion!
SpamDroid Alpha
Active User
Active User

Postby Mnrogar » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:31 pm

Assassin wrote:any clue what's causing the extra carriage returns on all the posts from before the transition?

Urgh, shit just keeps piling up. Thanks for pointing that out. It must be because of the way I had to restore the database. Open wordpad and c/p the sql queries manually (had problems automating) must have copied the extra carriage returns along with it.

SpamDroid Alpha wrote:There's also a 403 error if you try to access http://www.mnrogar.com/phpBB2/ . I thought the forums were down a few days longer than they actually were since that's what my bookmark's URL was.

I'm looking into that, no garuantees. Main site always pointed to /index.php though.
Mnrogar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements