Assassin's page

Where we keep track of updates to various FF3 related websites.

Moderator: General Moderator

Re: Assassin's page

Postby Assassin » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:05 pm

July 26 2008: Zelda 3 patches page added to website!!

Great Luck Prize Pack Counter fix uploaded!! there are 7 "prize packs" in Zelda 3, each with 8 slots and with its own counter to determine which prize you'll win from the pack after the next applicable enemy defeat. if you throw rupees into the Pond of Happiness, and are granted "Great Luck", all the packs will mistakenly use Prize Pack #1's counter, until the Great Luck wears off. this fix remedies that, ensuring all prize packs use their own counters.

yes, it's a subtle, minor bug to launch a new webpage. but the first bugfix i had planned for the game would have caused another bug to exhibit much worse symptoms than it currently does.
Assassin

Re: Assassin's page

Postby Assassin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm

August 2 2008: "Usurped Patches" section added to Hosted FF3us/FF6j Patches page! these are like hosted patches, except i stole 'em from Djibriel, added Readmes, and put my name on 'em (sometimes minorly changing them as needed). with his permission, of course. :P

Celes' Rushing bugfix patch uploaded!! there's a bug where Celes won't learn Muddle if her level gets to >= 32 (but less than 40) from level averaging. it's caused by how the naturally-learned magic spells are ordered in the ROM data. normally, for Terra and Celes, Square had the spells in ascending order by level learned. inexplicably, they switched a couple for Celes. this patch fixes the bug by reordering the spells in ROM.

Wild Cat bugfix patch uploaded!! there's a missing "FF" ("End Script" command) in brown Mag Roader's script, causing it to share part of Wild Cat's main script as its counterattack script. this fix (which FF3usME did all the legwork for) adds another "FF" after the first "FF" in brown Mag Roader's script, causing the enemy to have an empty counterattack script like the other 3 Mag Roaders do. Wild Cat's script is effectively unchanged.

--------

note that Djibriel made 3 more patches for this game, which i plan to upload eventually. one should be up in the next couple of days, another within a week or so. the third could take a bit, depending on whether i follow through with some planned changes..

thanks to Djibriel for making the original patches, and allowing them to live on.
Assassin

Previous

Return to Updates